[MMWiki] one man down

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Apr 20 09:51:44 EST 2012

On Thursday 19 April 2012 12:34:46 Aleksey Zapparov wrote:

> Sorry for long silence, but I really have no time for this project.
> I thought I will have... But now I just realized that I really can't
> find free time at least now. So don't count me as a unit.

I know how it can be to not have time for all the projects I want to
participate in, so I can only wish you the best of luck in finding more time
for such things in future. :-)

> I'll try to find a time, but it's nearly impossible I guess.
> Also, I guess it's time to count heads and make another recall
> of developers - as almost one year now passed and we didn't
> made a "great success" :((
>
> And sorry again.

No problem!

Well, I did take the opportunity to make some code available:

https://hg.boddie.org.uk/ConfluenceConverter
https://hg.boddie.org.uk/xmlread

The code is described briefly on the MoinMoin Wiki:

http://moinmo.in/ConfluenceConverter/DevelopmentNotes/TaskList

There's a convert.py program which creates a directory containing all the
different page versions, along with a directory of pages providing import
manifests listing each page's versions. The idea is to run the manifests
through Moin's package installer functionality, although the page version
content would obviously need to be translated first.

Then there's a parser.py program which just demonstrates how one might parse
the content. I notice that you were signed up for that, Aleksey, so you might
have some opinions about how I've approached the problem:

https://hg.boddie.org.uk/ConfluenceConverter/file/cdbfc82274f8/parser.py

I think we can just divide the content hierarchically into regions, lists and
blocks before then translating the paragraph-level (and list item) content.

What isn't addressed at the moment is the user information, but that shouldn't
be hard to extract. I too just have to find the time to focus on the
project. ;-)

Paul